McClure (Civil Engineering) is currently searching for a skilled individual on our growing Aviation team for a dual role as a Staff Engineer and Resident Project Representative/On-Site Representative! In this role at McClure, you will have the opportunity to contribute to various ongoing aviation projects, including:
- Ankeny Regional Airport: Reconstruct Runway 18/36
- Ankeny Regional Airport: Construct Taxiway D Access Road & Apron
- Carroll Municipal Airport – Airfield Lighting Replacement
- Council Bluffs Municipal Airtport – Construct Taxilane B4
- Forest City Municipal Airport: Rehabilitate Runway 15/33
- Fort Dodge Regional Airport: Construct Hangar A (Units 2-4)
This is a best of both worlds’ role – with the ability to do a mix of design and fieldwork!
As a Staff Engineer/RPR, you will work closely in a team environment with project managers and their project teams, working with engineers at all levels of experience (PE and EI), as well as technicians, on a wide variety of projects. You will be involved in the development of plans, specifications, technical reports, cost estimating, and connecting with clients. Additional responsibilities will include various construction management and administrative tasks. You will be responsible for maintaining solid knowledge of engineering principles and ensuring all projects are completed with DOT and FAA standards. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to understand the needs of clients to ensure repeat business.
While operating in a Resident Project Representative/On-Site Representative capacity, you will be in the field supporting projects as they come to life. In this capacity, you will be a liaison between project managers and client/contractors in the field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor with all team members
- Strong understanding of construction operations, techniques, and industry standards
- Ability to manage a fair workload by staying focused and managing priorities
- Strong knowledge of construction compliance, quality procedures, and other Engineering/Technical skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups of people
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Complete assigned design work in accordance with industry standards and guidelines
- Development of plans, specification and technical reports
- Cost estimation for projects.
- Perform regular field visits to active construction sites, complying with all relevant field safety procedures
- Read and understand specific project plans and specifications
- Observe projects for consistent compliance with project plans and specifications, contract documents, codes, and standards of practice
- Use applicable industry software to prepare daily observation reports and assist in producing project documentation such as change order, pay estimates, communication documents and project updates
- Communicate with the project team regarding project requirements and inspection results
- Serve as a resource and liaison to the project manager, the client, and all third parties on multiple projects.
- Monitor project expenditures and budget
- Measure quantities for progress payments
- Perform quality assurance testing of materials prior to incorporation into the project
- Review plans to identify potential conflicts, scheduling, and quality control
- Monitor contractor’s adherence to project schedule and proactively identify and report schedule challenges
- Respond to project inquiries and attend design and progress meetings as required
- Assist in gathering survey data as needed
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 1-4 years of professional experience desired
- State Recognition as an Engineering Intern, having passed the FE test preferred
- General computer knowledge (Excel, Word, PDF)
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org