McClure is currently searching for a proven Bridge Project Manager (PM) to be a key leader on dynamic projects for the growing Bridge group. The PM is expected to be a strong promoter of McClure’s core values, vision, and mission and embody those values in all interactions with clients and team members. A successful Bridge Project Manger will be responsible for maintaining solid knowledge of engineering principles and codes to ensure all projects are completed properly. They will be involved in the development of plans, exhibits, and connecting with clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform the Bridge Project Manager job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor with all staff
- Strong understanding of construction systems and techniques and industry standards
- Ability to manage a fair workload by staying focused and managing priorities
- Ability to produce error free drawings without sacrificing production volume
- Strong knowledge of CAD and other Engineering/Technical skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office knowledge
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups of people
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Produce and modify design calculations, technical reports, engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects
- Consult with the project manager to perform research, development, calculations, design, and delivery
- Apply engineering techniques, procedures, and design criteria for projects ranging in size and complexity
- Leverage technical knowledge and experience to address design-related issues or concerns, working closely with the project manager through creative problem solving, interactions with clients, and by completing tasks to meet the project schedule
- Develop conceptual and detailed designs and calculations to support the project completion using current drawing and technical tools, programs, and software
- Complete the structural analysis and design of structural elements within the agreed to schedule and to the requirements of the scope of services and industry standards
- Complete quality control reviews of other engineers’ work in accordance with the project specific quality management plan
- Attend client meetings and coordinate directly with the client to complete tasks
- Develop project design criteria, design calculations, construction details, quantities, and cost estimates
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring project team members, including other engineers and technical support staff, such as engineering technicians
- Prepare, review, and check design drawings and/or specifications
- Oversee planning, design, and construction phases of projects
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineering License in Iowa preferred and Kansas/Missouri a plus
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org