McClure is currently searching for a Survey Crew Chief to lead major projects in Council Bluffs metro and the surrounding area! If you love being the point for key projects and leading a team to success – this may be the right opportunity for you! With individuals with construction, technical, or related backgrounds McClure is willing to train new team members alongside experienced Crew Chiefs. Whether you are experienced in survey or just starting out, this could be a great career path for you!
This position maintains constant contact with Project Managers and Engineers to ensure the scope of the fieldwork needed is clearly defined and obtained.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform the Survey Crew Chief job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and a full understanding of field staking procedures for land surveying, construction staking, and existing conditions survey.
- Candidates may be able to showcase the ability to learn these skills from past technical experience or construction-related careers
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the end result of fieldwork as it relates to the finished design and the scope of the projects to limit the scope and inform the office of additional requests.
- Knowledge in all aspects of earthworks, foundation construction, wall construction, site utilities, and paving are preferred
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor with all staff.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of CAD, other Engineering/Technical skills, and McClure-Drive Standards is preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Ability to resolve conflicts that may arise while on the survey site.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of civil drawings, construction processes, and construction codes.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Educational and/or Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of five years related experience preferred, which can include a technical profession or construction-related background
- Ability to obtain a Land Survey Intern or Professional Registration.
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com