McClure is currently searching for a skilled Professional Land Surveyor. If you enjoy working hard for a fast-paced organization on a variety of projects, this may be the right career for you!
The Professional Land Surveyor will work closely with crew chiefs and their teams on a wide variety of projects. This position requires proficiency with the use of Trimble and AutoCAD Civil 3D. The Land Surveyor is capable of preparing accurate drawings, maps, charts, and other survey deliverables on schedule with minimal supervision and has a basic understanding of related civil engineering work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor with all team members
- Strong understanding of surveying systems and techniques
- Ability to manage a fair workload by staying focused and managing priorities
- Strong knowledge in surveying standards, practices, and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups of people
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Project preparation consisting of records research and data calculations
- Establish a project survey plan and outline specific field and office procedures
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, map records, and documents relating to surveys
- Lead and supervise the preparation of proposals, cost estimates, schedules, and invoices
- Review, verify, and prepare survey drawings and/or other deliverables
- Establishes and maintains the firm’s standards for preparation of survey and mapping documents
- Provides technical direction and oversight to surveying crew regarding approach and resolution of office/field conflicts
- Oversees field crew work and CAD drafting work, and sees that responsibilities are assigned, and execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule
- Manage and coordinate field crew(s)
- Train new survey crew members on proper use of equipment and survey principles
- Perform topographic, boundary, ALTA/ACSM and other legal surveys
- Use AutoCAD (Civil 3D), MicroStation, or Trimble software to produce surveying drawings and perform boundary survey calculations.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients
- A bachelor’s degree in surveying, civil engineering, related field, or equivalent required.
- Experience in design software including: MicroStation, AutoCAD (Civil3D), or Trimble Business Center.
- Minimum 5-8 years of professional surveying experience.
- Missouri PLS required (or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com