McClure is currently searching for a skilled Project Manager on our growing Development team! The Project Manager will be the primary point on a variety of high visibility and critical projects for the organization. A successful Project Manager will demonstrate past success in team leadership and ability to mentor / develop less experienced engineers.
The Project Manager is a skilled business-minded professional who is responsible for leading their respective group as a productive and cohesive team that contributes to the success and profitability of the company. The Project Manager is the primary face of the project and is responsible for coordination with key stakeholders throughout the project and successful completion of projects for the client and our firm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A Project Manager must possess the technical skills required to prepare effective solutions to meet the client’s needs. A Project Manager must also possess the interpersonal skills needed to assess the client’s satisfaction and successfully lead the team.
- Ability to plan and execute projects for on-time and on-budget completion
- Ability to build trust, delegate work, and lead their team as a business unit to achieve team and corporate goals
- Ability to monitor client satisfaction and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong understanding of team’s technical engineering expertise
- Oversee the team’s QA/QC process to ensure high quality engineering solutions
- Ability to articulate clients’ goals and objectives to Project Engineers and other members of the team
- Ability to assess business trends impacting the team and prepare a business plan for the team’s success.
- Strong community presence by volunteering time on boards, commissions, organizations, etc., as representative of McClure
- Ability to prepare fee estimates and write proposals and perform contract management throughout the project
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field
- ~ 5 years of Engineering or Project Management experience
- Professional Engineering License with a history of successfully managing a team
- Strong understanding of good project management procedures
- Strong understanding of zoning ordinances, entitlements, and building permits.
- Strong understanding of Consulting Engineering Business Practices, risks, financial accountability and key financial metrics. Understanding of business contract law, professional liability and insurance coverage is preferred.
- Sustained success at building new and maintaining existing client relationships
- Proven track record for successful projects
- Leadership and management training preferred
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org