McClure is currently searching for a skilled Project Manager on our growing Transportation team! The Project Manager will be the primary point on a variety of projects for the organization. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate both leadership skills and technical expertise and knowledge of engineering principles and procedures to ensure all projects are completed properly. A successful candidate will demonstrate past success in team leadership and ability to mentor/develop less experienced engineers.
Project management duties include being responsible for leading their respective group as a productive and cohesive team that contributes to the success and profitability of the company. A Project Manager is the primary face of the project and is responsible for coordination with key stakeholders throughout the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Project Manager must possess the technical skills required to prepare effective solutions to meet the client’s needs and to successfully move a project to completion. This role must also possess the interpersonal skills needed to assess the client’s satisfaction and successfully lead the team.
- Ability to plan and execute projects for on-time and on-budget completion
- Ability to build trust, delegate work, and achieve team and corporate goals
- Ability to monitor client satisfaction and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to articulate clients’ goals and objectives to Project Engineers and members of the team
- Ability to assess business trends impacting the team and prepare a business plan for the team’s success.
- Strong community presence by volunteering time on boards, commissions, organizations, etc., as representative of McClure
- Ability to prepare fee estimates, write proposals and monitor budgets and perform contract management throughout the project
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Three to ten years of Project Management experience
- Professional Engineering License in Iowa, Missouri and/or Kansas preferred
- Strong understanding of good project management procedures
- Sustained success at building new and maintaining existing client relationships
- Proven track record for successful projects
- Strong understanding of Consulting Engineering Business Practices, risks, financial accountability and key financial metrics. Understanding of business contract law, professional liability and insurance coverage is a plus.
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org