McClure Engineering is searching for a proven Senior Project Engineer to be a key leader on dynamic projects for the growing Water group. The Senior Project Engineer is expected to be a strong promoter of McClure’s core values, vision, and mission and embody those values in all interactions with clients and team members. They are responsible for maintaining solid knowledge of engineering principles and codes to ensure all projects are completed properly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A Senior Project Engineer must possess the technical skills required to successfully move a project from conception to completion. Additionally, this key role must also possess the interpersonal skills needed to assess the client’s satisfaction and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Mentor/teach Staff Engineers with an emphasis on developing strong Project Engineers
- Partner with Project Manager or Team Leader to proactively solve problems and manage project design issues
- Actively work with the team to ensure a high level of client satisfaction
- Ability to track industry trends, identify business opportunities, and develop new client relationships to capture new work helpful/preferred
- Implementation of the QA/QC process to ensure high quality engineering solutions and plan sets
- Challenges the team to develop innovative alternative solutions to meet the clients’ needs
- Prepares and monitors their team’s budget to achieve quarterly and annual billings and profit goals
- Strong understanding of team’s technical engineering expertise
- Ability to build trust, delegate work, and achieve team and corporate goals
- Be able to work autonomous as well as in a collaborative team environment
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineering License
- 10+ years of experience with water, wastewater and/or stormwater systems desired.
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org