McClure is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our growing organization as a Staff Accountant. This position is primarily responsible for preparing financial statements, reconciling accounts, and performing other accounting tasks as required related to real estate transactions and property management. Additionally, a successful Staff Accountant will have a strong understanding of accounting principles and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment. The Staff Accountant is expected to be a strong promoter of McClure’s core values, vision, and mission and embody those values in all interactions with clients and team members.
- Prepare financial statements and reports including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements for various real estate properties and entities.
- Conduct variance analysis by comparing actual performance against budgeted projections.
- Maintain the General Ledger by recording and reconciling financial transactions for all real estate-related activities, such as property acquisitions, disposals, and lease agreements.
- Conduct regular bank reconciliations to ensure that all financial transactions are accurately recorded in the company’s accounts and identify any discrepancies.
- Prepare and monitor budgets and forecasts for real estate projects and property portfolios.
- Suggest and implement process improvements to streamline accounting procedures, enhance data accuracy, and increase efficiency.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or other business-related degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word), with advanced Excel skills
- High detail and task-driven orientation, assertiveness, willingness to take initiative, as well as the ability to multi-task and self-manage
- Previous accounting experience preferably within the real estate industry
- Strong financial and accounting acumen
- Experience using QuickBooks
- Real Estate and land development experience a plus
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com