McClure is currently searching for a skilled Structural Engineer on our growing Structural team! A strong candidate will have the ability to manage multiple project deadlines with a quick turnaround. This position includes all types of structural design work but will be primarily related to cold formed steel design, with an emphasis in non-bearing systems and shop drawing level engineering. Additionally, the Structural Engineer is expected to be a strong promoter of McClure’s core values, vision, and mission and embody those values in all interactions with clients and team members. This team member is responsible for maintaining solid knowledge of engineering principles and codes to ensure all projects are completed properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A Structural Engineer must possess the technical skills required to prepare effective solutions to meet the clients’ needs. A Structural Engineer must also possess the interpersonal skills needed to successfully work with their team.
- Work Closely with Project Manager or Team Leader to make sure they are aware of any project design issues
- Participate in the team’s QA/QC process to ensure high quality engineering solutions
- Works with Project Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Challenges the team to develop innovative alternative solutions to meet the clients’ needs
- Ability to plan and execute projects for on-time and on-budget completion
- Ability to build trust, delegate work, and lead project objectives.
- Ability to monitor client satisfaction and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong technical engineering expertise
- Preferred experience in cold-formed steel
- Ability to work to meet clients’ goals and objectives
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Licensed as EIT or ability to obtain EIT license within 3 months
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org