McClure is currently searching for a skilled Project Manager on our growing Structural team. A strong candidate will have the ability to manage multiple project deadlines and financial metrics for mid-rise projects up to 15 stories. This position includes all types of structural design work but will be primarily related to concrete, structural steel, and masonry with wood. Light gauge steel experience preferred. A Project Manager will be a strong promoter of McClure’s core values, vision, and mission and embody those values in all interactions with clients and team members. This team member is responsible for maintaining solid knowledge of engineering principles and codes to ensure all projects are completed properly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A Structural Project Manager must possess the technical skills required to prepare effective solutions to meet the clients’ needs. A Project Manager must also possess the interpersonal skills needed to successfully work with their team.
- Participate in the team’s QA/QC process to ensure high quality engineering solutions
- Participate in team planning meetings to efficiently execute financial and technical goals
- Direct Project Team to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Challenge the team to develop innovative alternative solutions to meet the clients’ needs
- Ability to build trust, delegate work, and lead their team on project objectives.
- Ability to monitor client satisfaction and maintain strong client relationships
- Work closely with Team Leader and Vice President to communicate project progress
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from Project Owners, customers, contractors, MEP contractors, and McClure staff.
- Ability to prepare fee estimates, write proposals, and perform contract management
- Strong technical engineering expertise
- Preferred experience in wood and light gauge steel
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Licensed as PE; an SE license is a plus
- 6+ years of structural engineering experience
- Risa, Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Suite, and project scheduling software experience
- Leadership and management training or experience preferred
This position will require travel to project locations, McClure offices for team building, and customer sites for relationship building. McClure has offices in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and New Hampshire. For addresses: https://mcclurevision.com/contact/
This position can be remote, and does not require proximity to these offices
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Mission: Building relationships for success.
- Vision: Making lives better.
- Values: Commitment, Integrity, Kindness, Innovation, Fun
- Tagline: Your vision. Engineered here.
- Tenets: Grow People, Clients for Life, Friction-Free Project Delivery, Financial Performance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org