1200 & 5th Gainsville, FL
McClure served as the engineer of record (EOR) on the structure that includes the design of an 8-level, ~480,000 sf building with first floor commercial space and apartment units surrounding an internal five-story garage.
The floor system consists of concrete deck over open web cold-formed joists spanning from exterior to interior and supported by Cold-Formed Steel (CFS) bearing walls. McClure also served as the specialty engineer for all of the CFS components on the project.
The lateral system for the garage and CFS liner buildings are concrete shafts and shearwalls. The CFS framed units surround the garage are laterally braced to the garage.
- 5 story Post-Tensioned (PT) Concrete Garage with PT podium
- Rooftop Pool and Amenities on 8 story CFS structure.
- 4 stories of CFS above the podium level
- Building expansion requiring two separate designs
- Large red iron (steel) framing above the commercial space supporting floors above
Rendering courtesy of CBA Architects