EAST ANNEX SANITARY SEWER + LIFT STATION- ADEL, IA
The City of Adel has experienced significant residential and commercial growth, including areas east of the Raccoon River extending along Highway 6 to the Ortonville Business Park. To further support existing development and planned growth, including the Dallas County Public Safety Facility currently under construction, extension of municipal sanitary sewer service, a new lift station, and force main are necessary.
The City of Adel retained McClure to complete turnkey services to complete the project. A schematic design phase was implemented to quickly identify alternative routes and determine constructability and cost effectiveness; McClure was able to begin the environmental assessment and clearance process in parallel with land acquisition efforts. This strategy was instrumental in maintaining the overall project schedule. Land acquisition, regulatory coordination, and permitting were identified as key scope items. McClure completed complete land acquisition efforts, including landowner negotiation, land surveying, plat development, and filing of easements on behalf of the City. Coordination and permitting was required between: Dallas County, Iowa DNR Wastewater Engineering, Iowa DNR Floodplain Division, Army Corps of Engineers, SHPO, and Iowa DOT. A certified Wetland Delineation was completed by McClure.
The project was bid in November 2018. Ten total bids were received, and the total of awarded construction work was approximately $500,000 below the budgeted estimate. Construction was completed on-budget in December 2019.
- Project provides sanitary service to support existing and future development (1,700+ total acres)
- ~ 14,000’ of gravity sewer and force main ranging from 8”-24” diameter
- ~ 1,000’ of trenchless construction including a 475’ boring of the Raccoon River and 300’ boring of Highway 6
- Design of Lift Station and Force Main for cost effective expansion to meet future demands
- Land acquisition services including negotiation, surveying, plat development and filing.
- Regulatory coordination and permitting including DNR, USACE, Dallas County, and Iowa DOT