Faena Forum is a 43,000-square-foot facility designed as a public cultural center for large performance and art gatherings. The focal point of the structure is the upper assembly hall that houses art programs and private events. The hall is crowned with a 40-foot-high dome with a center oculus. McClure was introduced to the project through Radius Track Corporation, whom they worked closely with to design this dome structure with radiused cold-formed steel.
- The 70-foot-diameter spiral coffered dome is the key design element of the space
- The dome required finishing on both sides, a two-hour fire rating, and had to fit into space initially designed for a concrete-formed dome
- The design stretches beyond the parameters of current AISI codes and standards. It is the result of years of collaboration, testing, review and cold-formed experience between McClure and Radius Track Corporation.
- The project is architecturally unique, showcasing the versatility of cold-formed steel design on an international level
- This project was awarded a 2017 CFSEI Design Excellence Award (First Place – Municipal)