SANITARY SEWER EVALUATION STUDY
The City of Bettendorf hired McClure to evaluate the City’s sanitary sewer system to prepare for the expansion of the northeast part of the City. A new sports complex (Bettplex) breaking ground with future plans of building hotels and a school to fill the I-80/Middle Road corridor. The purpose of this project is to investigate the City’s sanitary collection system to provide the City’s Public Works and Economic Development Department a planning document which can be used to develop a hydraulic strategy for new development/businesses interested in settling in Bettendorf.
Part 1: Sanitary Collection System Capacity Analysis
- Review of past data & reports
- Determine collection system hydraulic capacity
- Submit Technical Memorandum
Part 2: Field Investigation and Flow Monitoring
- Flow and rainfall monitoring
- Data analysis and comparison
- Develop hydraulic strategy
- Identification of specific sanitary sewer improvement projects which will increase hydraulic capacity and eliminate system deficiencies. Included will be; detailed alignment and profile, opinion of probable cost, project financing and implementation plan.