FLINT STREET IMPROVEMENTS JOHNSON DRIVE TO 62ND TERRACE
The City of Shawnee, Kansas recently implemented the Shawnee Street Improvement Program (SIP) in Downtown Shawnee that focuses on public safety, effective multi-modal and reliable infrastructure, and environmentally sustainable solutions that would produce a high-quality way of life for its residents. McClure, alongside The Emery Sapp and Sons (ESS), was commissioned as a design-build team to reconstruct Flint Street for the City’s first design-build street project.
- Provided wider lanes, curbs, gutters, a sidewalk, and trail
- Provided lighting along the corridor
- Replaced existing ditch drainage with an enclosed drainage system of pipes and curb inlets
- Performed a conceptual study to determine proper improvements from various alternatives
- Provided green infrastructure design options
- Gave presentations at public meetings and coordinated potential green infrastructure facilities