The City of Shawnee, Kansas recently implemented the Shawnee Street Improvement Program (SIP) in Downtown Shawnee that focuses on public safety, effective multi-modal and reliable infrastructure, and environmentally sustainable solutions that would produce a high-quality way of life for its residents. McClure, alongside The Emery Sapp and Sons (ESS), was commissioned as a design-build team to reconstruct Flint Street for the City’s first design-build street project.
- Provided wider lanes, curbs, gutters, a sidewalk, and trail
- Provided lighting along the corridor
- Replaced existing ditch drainage with an enclosed drainage system of pipes and curb inlets
- Performed a conceptual study to determine proper improvements from various alternatives
- Provided green infrastructure design options
- Gave presentations at public meetings and coordinated potential green infrastructure facilities